Friday, December 5, 2014

hair of the dog

http://msfindlater.blogspot.com/2013/05/playing-with-poetry.html
I've got the sweetest hangover, and I can't shake it.  It's two full weeks since NCTE and I'm missing the pleasure and positivity of being with poetry people.  The cure is traditional: hair of the dog that bit me.
......................................


first…

a promise of poets
preparation of poets
a packed-up perambulation of poets

a pop-up of poets
pronouncement of poets
a purplypinky profusion of poets

and then….

a perusement of poems
proclamation of poems
a pepperpiquant percolation of poems

a patter of poems
a pageant of poems
a plentiful participation of poems!

HM 2014
all rights reserved

More pleasure and positivity over at Booktalking with Anastasia today!

Addendum:  If you were at the CLA Breakfast and heard Jon Klassen talking about I Want My Hat Back, you will enjoy this poem by Nathan Hoks!

8 comments:

  1. Love this, Heidi! So much fun to say :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I am feeling the same way! I loved meeting you and having the chance to peruse the pageant of poems that were on display at NCTE with you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thank you for all those ps, Heidi! The sweetest hangover is the perfect way to describe it... the "unexpected inevitable!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to have been at your NCTE session, Heidi - thanks for sharing all that poetry wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the "pepperpiquant percolation of poems"!!

    FUN!

    I am still missing being able to turn a corner and see my poetry peeps in-the-flesh...sigh...I guess following links will have to do for now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect presentation of poetry 'preciation, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't gotten to go to NCTE for the past couple of years, but your proliferation of p's captures it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!