Tuesday, April 22, 2014

npm travel journal 22: los angeles, ca


 I'm catching up today with Greg Pincus at GottaBook, one of the first Poetry Friday blogs I visited regularly.  For several years Greg has enlisted 30 poets each April to share a previously unpublished poem, and this year, he's reposting two of these gems for each day of National Poetry Month.

I stopped in on Sunday (you know, taking a break from all that stuff teachers do on Sundays) and found Jane Yolen and Brod Bagert in perfect form:  Jane with a teachER poem (which buoyed me through the pile of marking and planning I had before me) and Brod with a teachING poem, about personification and how it gives a poem wings.

Jane's poem also reminds me of this song/video/book which then reminds me of this more recent collaboration involving Amy Ludwig VanDerwater!  List poems all, effectively--I do love 'em.

Today, on Earth Day, you'll find a nice combo of green poems from me and Janet Wong, and squeezed in between, on the 21st, you can enjoy Greg's own work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the wild rumpus!